With this free and easy-to-use Google profile, you are able to manage your online presence across Google.
Google My Business is a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. If you verify and edit your business information, you can both help customers find your business and tell them your story.– Google.com
Benefits of a Google My Business Account
- Search Engine Optimization: better search visibility
- Google Maps listing
- Manage and control your brand’s online presence
- Protect your business and brand
- Connect with Leads and Customers
- Lead generation: your contact information is readily available
- Include a link to your website
- Include a meeting link
- Leads can call you directly from your listing
- Include your business hours
- Understand your online presence and how leads interact with your listing
- Customer reviews and management
- There’s a mobile app
- It’s easy!
- It’s free!
What You Need to Claim/Verify Your Business
Visit the Google My Business page to sign up.
Make sure your business information is accurate and that only you, the business owner or manager, has access to it by verifying your business. Most local businesses verify by mail. Some businesses, like service area businesses, have other verification options, like verification by email, phone, or Search Console.
Before starting the verification process, create or claim a Google My Business listing. You may see one or several verification types depending on the kind of business listing you manage– Google.com
- Verify by mail (you will receive a postcard to your business’ physical address with a unique code)
- Verify by phone (available for select businesses)
- Verify by email (available for select businesses)
- Instantly verify (available for select businesses)
- Bulk verification (available for businesses with 10+ locations)
Visit this Google Support page for details on each method.
It’s important to keep your contact information, links, photos, offers, products and posts current.
Certain aspects do expire, and you want to ensure your business’ details are up-to-date to ensure:
- Customer trust
- Brand recognition
- Your business displays optimally